2 Weeks Have Gone By...

Bonjour everyone. It's been ages since I lasted published a post. So many things have been happening but first I would like to wish everyone a Happy New Year!!

Now, to explain myself; My mom came back from Canada after 10 weeks on Dec 21st, a Sunday. Then on Monday afternoon, we went out to KLCC to buy my bro's gift for jumping from #24 to # 7. He had been asking for a PS3 for some time now so voila, the 80GB version is sitting in the living room as we speak. It's really fun!! So my bro and I have been playing with it. On Dec 28th, a week after my mom got back, we left for Taiping, because my mom wanted to see her parents and all. She missed Hari Raya Eid il Adha. We also decided to go to the Swiss Gardens Damai Laut in Lumut for our vacation. Unfortunately, the news came out on Saturday night that the results will be results were to be released on Tuesday, 30th Dec. I was rather sad but I knew that I would get my results. I could only pray that they were good.

We spent one night in Taiping and then headed for Lumut on Monday. On the 2nd day of our stay, we decided to go to the beach. While sitting around watching my bro attempt to build a sand castle, i got an sms; my fellow form 3's have gotten their results. I had promised to call my girl to congratulate her and so I did. Unfortunately, she didn't know my results but it was ok. It was good being able to talk to her for about 20 minutes and my parents not really complaining. I heard Faiz got 7A's so I called to congratulate him -- 7A's is still an achievement -- and I ended up finding out my results. It was pretty neat, finding out on a beach. I'll admit, I was a little dissapointed that I didn't get straight A's. I got 7A's and 1B -- B for Agama -- but my parents seemed overjoyed so I guess I was in safe waters.

The stay there was fun. I tried my hand at paintball (target shooting), played beach volleyball and basketball barefooted with my dad. The four of us are apparently not so bad at shooting. Hehe. Watch out people, you got a family of assasins. Muahaha. We also played a bit of pool. Hehe. It was fun. The food was OK. The egg chef however was iffy. The quality of the eggs were... inconsistent. But otherwise, we had a great time. Except for the fact that one of the other guests accidentally dinged my dad's CRV...

Anyway, the trip back was the longest I have ever had coming back from Perak. We left at 12, and arrived in BJ at 6. We had stopped by Kellie's Castle and it's not haunted. No one died in the uncompleted Scotsman's palace. It's just the Malaysian attitude that 'memandai-mandai' so to speak. They say that the spirit of 6 year old Helen (Kellie's daughter) wanders around. She lived to be past 21. Don't believe what they locals say. Most are out of whack. It's just a story of some sorry Scotsman who wanted to bring his wife to live in then-Malaya. He built for his wife because the first house was too hot. That's all. It is our people who over-sensationalize it.

But all in all, Kellie's Castle is fun. And tiring. Oh, and his full name is actually William Kellie-Smith. He died in Lisbon, Portugal of Pneumonia at the age of 56. He was on his way to collect the elevator for Kellie's Castle. If it was completed, Kellie's Castle would have the first elevator in Malaya. His first house was called Kellas House and the castle was built because the room temperature in Kellas House was between 95-97 degrees farenheit and it was too hot for his beloved wife. Kellie's Castle is quite a structure, I'll admit. But historical documentation is lacking and the locals are making up superstitious b.s. about Kellie's Caslte.

Anyway, that about summarizes what I've been doing the past 2 weeks.

By the way, I'm still getting that laptop I wanted. Muahaha.

Comments

Faez said…
welcome back!
so what are you gonna ask from your parents for getting 7A's? hihi
XD
dayana said…
i love kellie's castle!

Popular posts from this blog

Sneakers & Sandals

Dreaming of Edward Cullen, Girls?

Hari Raya Eid il Adha