I'm 16!!

I'm officially 16! Woohoo! Hehehe. I know I should've posted this earlier but I didn't have the chance. Sorrysorrysorrysorry!

Anyway, it feels so good to finally be 16. Don't know why. Guess its just one of those milestone birthdays you can't help celebrating and enjoy. My parents got my birthday present yesterday but they had been planning it for a while now.

They contemplated between a new bicycle, a DSLR camera and a Hifi system. They decided to give me a new bike. I was so thrilled! I've been using my old bike since I was in standard 4. Its been 6 years. Hehehe.

Yesterday after school, my mom picked me up from school. My dad was already at home with Akid. We went to Pantai Hospital because Akid has his checkup appointment. While in the waiting lounge, Mama said she wanted to go to the Pasar Ramadan in Bangsar. While on the way, I dozed off in the car -- as always during bad traffic. I felt the car slow to a stop and Akid saying "Aqil's asleep" and I woke up.

We got out of the car and apparently it was quite a distance from the Pasar Ramadan. I wasn't complaining. I don't mind walking. Then we passed by Rodalink -- a bicylce store. Everytime we passed by Bangsar, I always looked at the store but we never went in it. Even my parents expressed interest in visiting it but we never got the chance. I must admit, it was a good looking store.

I was still a bit groggy but when my parents walked into the store, I felt myself perking up a bit. I was expecting them to ask me to pick a bike. To my surprise, my dad asked for a specific salesman -- Riduan, nice guy -- and he showed me a mountain bike. I was sold. Hook, line and sinker. It was a gorgeous bike. He asked me to take a spin on it and actually requested I climbed down the stairs in front of the store. It was AMAZING. Mama and Abah asked me to pick a helmet as it was part of the pre-arranged deal -- it seems they had gone to the store before to check it out -- and I bought an extra lock. My current lock is too short.

The model is a Polygon Collosus AX1.o -- yes, two L's. It isn't some expensive brand because Rodalink carries their own in-house frames -- Polygon -- but the quality is the same. They give each frame a 5 year warranty and 2 years free service. To top it off, their frames are super tough but made in Indonesia so they're very cost efficient, bringing the price of their bikes down significantly. But the frame is the only thing made in-house. Everything else is top of the range products. I'm very -- scratch that, extremely happy -- with my bike. Here's a picture;

My bike

Today, at school, everyone was wishing me 'Happy Birthday'. It was kind of fun. Hehe. My girl gave me a present. A leather bracelet. I've been looking at something like that for quite some time now. I just never found it. Hehehe. She got us matching bracelets. They vary in design but color-wise, they're identical. I love her so much. She's so thoughtful and caring. And she can very creative with gifts. Not to mention being able to guess very well what I like. Maybe she can read me as easily as I her. Either she doesn't realize it, or just doesn't want me to know... Hmm...

Anyways, thank you for the gift, Liyana! Love you so much.

The leather wristband

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sneakers & Sandals

Dreaming of Edward Cullen, Girls?

Hari Raya Eid il Adha