Raya Wrap Up

It has been a while since I blogged. Where should I start? Ah yes, my raya. Hmm. How should I start? Haha. So many questions. I'd say the beginning is a mighty fine place to start, what say you?

First day of raya. We woke up bright and early and went to the mosque in BJ. There was an announcement to raise funds for the new mosque to be built near the lake by Lagenda. The artist's impressions were quite nice. Unfortunately, I would have left for college by the time it is to be completed. Fortunately, I won't have to cycle there every Friday. Hehehe.

After prayers, we went home, ate a little, packed my parents' rendang and some ketupat then we hit the road for Banting. Atuk seems more livelier now. Everyone was there -- a rare occasion in Banting since at least one family won't be there at the same time -- and though it was quiet, it wasn't awkward. Jokes were being cracked, laughter was heard and people were munching. Hehe.

It was nice and relaxing. After praying Asar, we headed to the graveyard to pay respects to my arwah Mak Long, Pak Long and Nenek. Afterwards, we left for home. My family and I haven't packed our bags for Taiping yet. Hehehe.

Next morning, we didn't leave as early as we hoped so we swung by Tapah R&R (north side) for lunch. We had Dunkin' Donuts but unfortunately the doughnuts weren't fresh despite the rapid turnover rate. I guessed it was due to the racks being place smack under the A/C vent. When we arrived in Taiping, everyone was just about to leave to Beruas. We hurriedly put our bags in and rearranged cars. My Opah and Tukwan took our Accord because my Opah can't climb steps anymore and everyone is either driving a pickup or an MPV of some sort.

We were visiting my relatives from my Opah's side -- an apparent first in the family history. Not even my Mak Jang -- my mom's younger sister -- knew them. It was quite a ride away and we took a good 20 minutes just finding the house.

We de-boarded the cars and greeted everyone. It was cool to see the other side of the family. There were only two people or so in the house and the lady there was my grand... aunt? Yeah, my grandaunt. She is my Opah's older sister. Was it older or elder? Oh well, something like that. Then we -- me and my cousins Bancik & Haziq -- rode in the back of our Pak Jang's Ford Ranger pickup. It wasn't too far to the next house so the adults let us. Hehe. It was fun!

The next house was my Opah's younger sister. We took quite a lot of pictures there but all with my Kak Yong's camera. Hehe. So the camera kept swapping between me, Kak Yong & her siblings; Haziq & Bancik. Though much less to the later two. After Maghrib, we climbed back into the vehicles -- with a slight reshuffling among the cousins -- and left. Haziq and I ended up the pickup again. But this time in the cab -- the adults wouldn't let us ride in the bed as it was quite a distance. Haziq & I chatted a lot about Canada, rugby, his school, mine, etc. Oh and he went through my phone and found a photo of my girl. Hehe. He knew right away that that was Liyana. Hehe.

We arrived in Matang around dinner time -- 8:30 or so -- and had a free meal as it was my relatives' warung. Hehehe. The food was good! Nasi dagang. Yum!

The next two days in Taiping were not eventful and we came back to KL on Wednesday. I took Thursday to cool off and unpack, laze around, etc. Today I did something really fun with my dad! But that will be in my next post for tomorrow. Hehe. Its late and I'm settling down -- sorta.

That's all for now.

Au revoir

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sneakers & Sandals

2nd Week of School

The Last Weekend