Sunday, December 19, 2010
Saturday, December 18, 2010
Friday, December 17, 2010
Monday, December 13, 2010
Sunday, December 12, 2010
Saturday, December 11, 2010
- Complete the green XC loop (core loop). By the way, XC stands for cross-country.
- Take pictures and/or videos at the Dirt Jump and Freeride section.
- Do the technical DH trail. DH stands for Downhill.
Wednesday, December 8, 2010
- 'Politics'. It's rarely about government bills, new legislations, etc. It's often about people cutting ribbons and fancy-schmancy ribbon cutting ceremonies. Big waste of taxpayers money.
- Sports. I can open up the sports section in virtually any newspaper and find at least 3 articles on the same bloody thing; soccer in Europe. What about the development of our NATIONAL athletes? We're doing awesome in cycling, diving, rugby and swimming. I don't see these articles getting the top spots in the papers.
- People. Well, these are most visible in tabloids that claim to be newspapers. Here is where you can find all the weird news. A headline I remember was "Ayah Masuk Kelambu Saya" which roughly translates as "Dad Climbed Into My Mosquito Net". Good god, is this what Malaysians love to read? -Shudders-. Scary. No substance at all.
Friday, December 3, 2010
Saturday, November 27, 2010
Monday, November 8, 2010
- Driver's license!!
- Putrajaya Challenge Park. No way is ANYBODY stopping me!
- Triathlon. Which reminds me; I need running shoes.
- S.A.T. This one is my parents request. :(
Sunday, October 10, 2010
Thursday, October 7, 2010
Sunday, October 3, 2010
Wednesday, September 8, 2010
To my friends who are reading this, I know this post may be a bit contradictory as you guys know me as being pro-English but I am sincerely bothered by the fact that Bahasa nowadays is borrowing so many words from English and forgetting its own words.
Sunday, September 5, 2010
Tuesday, August 3, 2010
Friday, July 16, 2010
Thursday, July 15, 2010
- I watched Toy Story 3. And I cried. Well, not sobbing crying but yeah, I shed tears. I really grew up with that movie. During the 1st movie, Andy was moving to a new house. Around the same time, I was moving back to Malaysia from the US. Sad times. In the third movie, Andy is 17 & about to go to college. So am I.
- I got an invitation from a friend to participate in the Urban Downhill event of the King of Fraser's Hill mountain bike carnival/bash/event/wtv. But I can't go. Huhu.
- I learned how to take out my back tire, take it apart (tube & tire only) and of course put it back. Another milestone in learning about bikes.
- My grades are slowly climbing. Yaay! Except for Add Math and Chemistry. Huhu.
- I'm paying more attention in class than ever before. Which is a good thing
- Retirement is looming. -gasps!-. Retirement because I have to sit for a major exam and also because I'm a senior.
- PLKN drafts are out. Wonder if I got it. Haven't checked yet. Hehe.
- Trials are literally around the corner! -faints-. Haha. Drama queen much. Hopefully I'll do well.
Saturday, May 1, 2010
It's a slow Saturday afternoon but at least it's not stressful. I always feel stressed out when I have to study for extended periods of time in my room. Maybe it's because I'm really REALLY studying. Hehehe. I can hear some jazz music coming from one of the neighbours. Sets a nice ambiance.
Tuesday, April 20, 2010
Friday, March 26, 2010
Friday, March 12, 2010
Monday, March 8, 2010
Thursday, February 25, 2010
Wednesday, February 17, 2010
And my dad told me something really cool last night. He noticed an eagle on the back of my helmet and told me that there's a Latin constellation named Aquila. Hehe. I did something digging around and Aquil is actually a variant of the name Achilles. Interesting. Hehe. So the helmet has some distant relation to my name. I like that. And I had no idea when I bought it. It caught my eye in the store and the rest is history. All the other helmets weren't as appealing.
I just thought it was really cool.
That's all for now.
Monday, February 15, 2010
I had a blast. Crashed once and got a slight cut on my knee. I had to bail out on a few parts coz I didn't have enough momentum. Man. Those tracks are tricky. Especially the jumps. My feet keep lifting off the pedals. Phew. Haha. But it was wicked!
Alright, now time for a quick walk-through. I promised to do this since I had difficulty looking for information on the Park prior to December 9 2009 (the date of their official opening) so here it is;
By the way, they now have their own website and blog so if you want to find out a bit more or contact them, etc, this should be the place for you to start.
However, since I already promised to this -- and I don't have anything better to do right now, I'll give basic instructions. For me, the best place to start is in front of the Putrajaya International Convention Center with all the flags waving. From there, turn left, follow the directions and you'll get there. By the way, you'll pass by a cemetery which is a tad bit creepy, especially considering that you're going to do some extreme sports. Once you get to the cemetery, go straight through and there's a roundabout there. Just follow the sign -- it's a two o'clock, just so you know.
Once there, there are two main buildings -- though not exactly side by side. One for rock climbing -- which is the first you'll encounter, the other for skateboarding/BMX/Mountain biking, etc. If you want to get to the latter, go straight and at a junction turning left, take a peek. You can't miss it. It's a a big, silvery-ish building. There were several roller bladers when I arrived so I suppose you could roller blade there. The facilities at the moment are a bit empty -- at least for the mountain bike building/center. Yeah, there are toilets but despite the signs, there are no cafeterias or pro shops. Yet. There's also a place for you to wash your mountain bike/BMX but no hoses so hopefully, those too are coming soon.
For those of you who do not have a bike or are unable to transport it, the center has bike rental services. For the mountain bikes it is RM20 for 3 hours which is dirt cheap! And you're renting Fuji bikes. Doesn't get much better than that. OK, maybe it could but where else can you rent BRANDED bikes for ONLY RM20 for 3 HOURS? The BMX bikes, I am unsure about the rates but it shouldn't vary too much. I think.
Other than that, bring lots of water, proper safety gear and enjoy!
That's all for now.
Sorry about the lack of pictures. I was so excited in finally being able to ride at a proper mountain bike course, I totally forgot to take pictures.
Saturday, February 13, 2010
Friday, February 12, 2010
Sunday, February 7, 2010
Sunday, January 31, 2010
Friday, January 29, 2010
Monday, January 18, 2010
Saturday, January 16, 2010
Wednesday, January 13, 2010
Friday, January 8, 2010
Sunday, January 3, 2010
Saturday, January 2, 2010
- A full-face MTB helmet. Preferrably -- or rather, hopefully -- from Specialized or SixSixOne but I don't mind any other brand. As long as I like it -- duh.
- Elbow/forearm + knee/shin guards. This too I would prefer SixSixOne. Or maybe Fox Head but again, I'm just hoping.
- 10 A's for SPM -- duh.
- Improve myself so that I study hard AND smart. A lot. Without burning out. That means minimum 1 SOLID hour a day. Then I can play, a bit.
- Get Abah a bike and hit the trails one fine weekend.
- Get a scholarship to M.I.T and do engineering
- Get myself a road bike. It looks really cool and sporty. Hehe.
- As much as I don't want to, slow down a bit with my girl... I'm sorry. I believe that this is the best step to be taken for the time being...
- Improve -- and I mean REALLY improve. Especially Add Math & Chemistry. Biology too.
- Get my own rugby ball.