Putrajaya Challenge Park

I finally managed to go to the Putrajaya Challenge Park today! WOOHOO! It is a nice place but it takes a teensy bit to get there. Just follow the signboards till you get there. The best place to start is in front of the Putrajaya International Convention Center with all the flags waving. From there, turn left, follow the directions and you'll get there. By the way, you'll pass by a cemetery which is a tad bit creepy, especially considering that you're going to do some extreme sports.

I had a blast. Crashed once and got a slight cut on my knee. I had to bail out on a few parts coz I didn't have enough momentum. Man. Those tracks are tricky. Especially the jumps. My feet keep lifting off the pedals. Phew. Haha. But it was wicked!

the cut on my knee
And the cut looks worse than it is. It's just one small cut but it bled out a bit, thus the gruesome effect. Sorry to any of my readers who find this image graphical and hard to digest.
Alright, now time for a quick walk-through. I promised to do this since I had difficulty looking for information on the Park prior to December 9 2009 (the date of their official opening) so here it is;

By the way, they now have their own website and blog so if you want to find out a bit more or contact them, etc, this should be the place for you to start.

However, since I already promised to this -- and I don't have anything better to do right now, I'll give basic instructions. For me, the best place to start is in front of the Putrajaya International Convention Center with all the flags waving. From there, turn left, follow the directions and you'll get there. By the way, you'll pass by a cemetery which is a tad bit creepy, especially considering that you're going to do some extreme sports. Once you get to the cemetery, go straight through and there's a roundabout there. Just follow the sign -- it's a two o'clock, just so you know.

Once there, there are two main buildings -- though not exactly side by side. One for rock climbing -- which is the first you'll encounter, the other for skateboarding/BMX/Mountain biking, etc. If you want to get to the latter, go straight and at a junction turning left, take a peek. You can't miss it. It's a a big, silvery-ish building. There were several roller bladers when I arrived so I suppose you could roller blade there. The facilities at the moment are a bit empty -- at least for the mountain bike building/center. Yeah, there are toilets but despite the signs, there are no cafeterias or pro shops. Yet. There's also a place for you to wash your mountain bike/BMX but no hoses so hopefully, those too are coming soon.

For those of you who do not have a bike or are unable to transport it, the center has bike rental services. For the mountain bikes it is RM20 for 3 hours which is dirt cheap! And you're renting Fuji bikes. Doesn't get much better than that. OK, maybe it could but where else can you rent BRANDED bikes for ONLY RM20 for 3 HOURS? The BMX bikes, I am unsure about the rates but it shouldn't vary too much. I think.

Other than that, bring lots of water, proper safety gear and enjoy!

That's all for now.

Au revoir.

P.S.
Sorry about the lack of pictures. I was so excited in finally being able to ride at a proper mountain bike course, I totally forgot to take pictures.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sneakers & Sandals

2nd Week of School

The Final Hour