Feels Good to Be Back

It's been a while since I blogged. Quite a while, I know. I've just been so caught up with school, studying, recovering, etc. Yes, recovering. I know most of you already know what I mean by recovering but for those who don't know, it's because I crashed while mountain biking at Putrajaya Challenge Park.

I crashed about a week back on Saturday. Looked quite bad. But it wasn't as bad as it looked. Some of you may have noticed my walking around school with a mask the past week. It wasn't because I wasn't feeling well, it was because I was hiding my injuries. Didn't want to attract too much attention. Though the slash-like bruise on my forehead and love bite-like bruises on my neck -- that's what many people said -- attracted quite a bit of attention. Those were harder to cover up.
This was me just over a week ago. Now, my bruises are all gone and my lips & chin are completely healed, if not a bit pink because the scabs just fell off. OK, maybe a bit TMI but too late. Heh heh.

Anyway, debate is coming up this Friday. I'm torn between wanting my team to advance through the stages and slightly hoping that we don't. My father is leaving for Umrah that Sunday and I would absolutely love to be able to see him off. Which reminds me, I need to ask the teacher for the exact program. As in what is when during the debate.
Many people said I recovered very fast from my injuries. My parents said the same thing too. Hmm. Oh well.

Oh and one more thing. The debate is impromptu. We will get the topics and we will be quarantined for 20 minutes to prepare our speeches. What little of it that we can. I think it's going to be a LOT of fun! Of course, most of my team thinks otherwise. I'm excited about the upcoming debate. Nervous too at the same time.

Hmm. Considering that next week is a semester break... I'll ask Haziq if he wants to train in the morning. He'll like that. Hopefully, he'll be up for it. I think I can ask some of the other kids too if they're interested.

I really REALLY want to see Abah go off and judging by my teammates' reactions and expectations towards the idea of an impromptu debate, I might get to do just that. Unfortunately, life has a way of going upside down when you least want it. -Sigh-. Hopefully, that won't happen.

I just had a photojournalism seminar -- It's part of the 5-seminar Creative Writing thing -- and it was quite fun. One of my friends at the seminar kept wondering how I didn't feel hot wearing a jacket AND a hoody while under the hot sun during our 'photo shoot' session in Denai Alam. Seriously, I wasn't feeling that hot. It was very much bearable. Maybe it's the concept of insulation? Maybe. Oh well.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sneakers & Sandals

Dreaming of Edward Cullen, Girls?

Hari Raya Eid il Adha