Busy Weekend Recap

Today is the 4th of July!!! The American Independence Day. In conjunction with this, the Sunway ADTP Student Committee is orgainizing a summer pool party called "An American Summer" this evening, from 6-10. It's going to be a blast!! Hehe!

Anyway, the weekend was busy for me. I went to my mom's Family Day in Taman Rimba Kiara, Taman Tun Dr. Ismail, KL. Quite a nice place. Apparently, there's also some trails there so definitely worth a look.

I used my student ID to get a discount for the first time on Saturday!! Woohoo!! Hehe!!

On Sunday, I went to Bukit Bandaraya, Shah Alam for the 3rd leg of the Token Bikezooka MTB Series. The turn up was a bit less this time around. The track was a blast!! Phew. At the beginning, they give us this massive climb. 80. Everybody was cursing on their way up. I was humming. Hehe! A trick I learned from my mom. After the climb, there's a quick descent then some tarmac where you can regain your breath. Then more climbing. This time up some ridges. 0_0. That was daunting the first time around. Then some really wicked descents! Some parts made me wish I was riding my all-mountain Polygon rather than my dad's XC hardtail. But during the climbs, I was thankful to be riding my dad's Specialized.

1 loop was 5km but it sure didn't feel like 5km. Hehe! It was quite a compact track so I guess that reinforced that feeling. The start/finish line always felt nearby. The race was staggered so the riders in the 3rd & 4th categories went first, followed by the 1st, 2nd and new riders.

We saw the pro riders go off. Lightning fast. They were practically sprinting off the start line. Anuar Manan was there again. It's kinda cool that he's been to almost every other race I've participated in.

After the race, we went to collect my life saving Bronze Medallion. Finally!!

That's all for now.

Au revoir!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sneakers & Sandals

Dreaming of Edward Cullen, Girls?

Hari Raya Eid il Adha