College-bound

Wow, I'm amazed at how far back my last post was. O-O Damn. Anyway, XTerra has come & gone, & it was one heck of a blast.  Little brother got 2nd in the Sprint. So proud of him.

As promised by my mom, he got a new bike. He got a 2012 Specialized Tarmac SL3 with full Shimano Ultegra drivetrain, with an FSA crankset instead, Fulcrum wheelset, & in-house components. He swapped out the seatpost with an S-Works because the stock seatpost was too short. Yes, too short. He's a tall kid.

Anyway, I got accepted into Dalhousie! Woohoo! Alhamdulillah. Lue won't be too happy about that, though. She was hoping I'd get into Guelph or Queen's, which is much much closer to her place.  All that's left now is to finish up the Visa application, as well as send out the course outlines and final transcript for credit transfer evaluation.  Need to make an inquiry to find out where exactly the document should go.

After that, to register for classes & buy my flight ticket.  Wow.  So close to flying off. Well, 2 months but if the past 6 months were an indication it'll zip by. :\

One thing I am looking forward to in Canada is a new bicycle. Muahaha.  Realistically, I'm looking at a secondhand cyclocross bicyle.  If I have the money however, I would most certainly like to get myself a Santa Cruz Tallboy or maybe a Superlight 29.  The Blur XC is also a very nice bike.  Heh heh. We'll see.

I've applied for a place in O'Brien Hall. Hopefully I'll get it. They have a bike room which sounds cool. I'll most likely be getting that bike after orientation so I'll be able to find out what exactly is the bike room.  If it is a bicycle parking room that would be so so sweet. :D

Excited, nervous, stressed out, scared, hyper, happy, & sad that I'm going to Canada all at once. Geez. Now I know how all (if not, most) of my friends must've felt before they flew off. You know what I wonder? I wonder how many people are going to show up at the airport... I kinda want a small group of people I truly truly hold dear so I can really say my goodbyes but at the same time, the number of said people is not that small. Heh heh. Ah well.

Wow, didn't know I could type that much on my phone's Qwerty keyboard. & from the looks of it, with fewer errors than if I typed on my laptop... o_O

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sneakers & Sandals

Dreaming of Edward Cullen, Girls?

Hari Raya Eid il Adha